GREETINGS
问候语
▼
注:
一般不用收件人的名字(除姓氏之外)。
用Miss或Mrs称呼女士是不合适的,因为你不知道她是否结婚了。
正式:
Dear Sir or Madam,
亲爱的先生或女士,
To whom it may concern: (especially AmE)
敬启者:(特别是美式英语)
Dear Mr/ Ms Jones,
尊敬的琼斯先生/小姐,
Dear Dr Smith,
亲爱的史密斯博士,
非正式:
Hi Dennis,
嗨,丹尼斯,
Hello Claire,
你好,克莱尔,
Dear Mum,
亲爱的妈妈,
REASON FOR WRITING / REPLYING
写信/回复的理由
▼
正式:
I am writing to make a reservation/ to apply for the position of…/ to confirm my booking/ to ask for further information about …
我写信是为了预定/申请……的职位/确认我的预订/询问有关的进一步信息…
I am writing with regard to the sale of …/ to the complaint you made on 29th February
我写的是关于...的销售情况/2月29日你提出的投诉。
Thank you for your e-mail of 29th February regarding the sale of… / concerning the conference in Brussels.
感谢您2月29日关于...销售/关于布鲁塞尔会议的电子邮件。
With reference to our telephone conversation on Friday, I would like to let you know that…
关于我们星期五的电话交谈,我想让你知道…
半正式/非正式:
Just a quick note to invite you to…/ to tell you that…
只是一个简短的便条邀请你/告诉你…
This is to invite you to join us for...
这是邀请你加入我们…
Thanks for your e-mail, it was wonderful/great to hear from you.
谢谢你的电子邮件,收到你的来信真是太好了。
I wanted to let you know that / tell you about / ask you if…
我想让你知道/告诉你/问你是否…
APOLOGIZING
道歉
▼
正式:
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
对于由此造成的不便,我们深表歉意。
Please accept our apologies for the delay.
对于延误,请接受我们的歉意。
Please let us know what we can do to compensate you for the damages caused.
请让我们知道,我们能做什么来赔偿你造成的损失。
We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future.
我们将确保今后不会再发生这种情况。
I am afraid I will not be able to attend the conference.
恐怕我不能出席会议了。
非正式:
I’m sorry for the trouble I caused.
我为我造成的麻烦感到抱歉。
I apologize for the delay.
很抱歉耽搁了您的时间。
I promise it won’t happen again
我保证不会再发生这种事了。
I’m sorry, but I can’t make it to the meeting.
对不起,我不能出席会议。
ATTACHING FILES
附加文件
▼
正式:
I am attaching my CV for your consideration.
我随信附上我的简历供您参考。
I am sending you the brochure as an attachment.
我随函附上小册子。
Please see the statement attached.
请参阅所附声明。
Please find attached the file you requested.
请附上您所要求的文件。
I am afraid I cannot open the file you have sent me.
恐怕我打不开你寄给我的文件。
Could you send it again in … format?
您能用…格式再发送一次吗?
非正式:
I’m attaching/sending you the holiday photos.
我把假日照片附在里面/寄给你。
Sorry, but I can’t open it. Can you send it again in … format?
对不起,我打不开。你能用…格式再发一次吗?
ENDING
结束语
▼
正式:
I look forward to hearing from you.
我期待着你的回信。
I look forward to hearing when you are planning to visit our town.
我期待着收到你计划访问我们城镇的回信。
非正式:
Hope to hear from you soon.
希望很快收到你的来信。
I’m looking forward to seeing you.
我盼望见到你。
(内容来自网络整理,仅供学习参考。若涉及版权问题,请联系删除。)